38. Special provisions for persons with disabilities with high support
(1) Any person with benchmark disability, who considers himself to be in need of high support, or any person or organisation on his or her behalf, may apply to an authority, to be notified by the appropriate Government, requesting to provide high support.
(2) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the authority shall refer it to an Assessment Board consisting of such Members as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(3) The Assessment Board shall assess the case referred to it under sub-section (1) in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government, and shall send a report to the authority certifying the need of high support and its nature.
(4) On receipt of a report under sub-section (3), the authority shall take steps to provide support in accordance with the report and subject to relevant schemes and orders of the appropriate Government in this behalf.